Smarter trade. Better lives. As a new world takes shape, DP World enables smarter trade and improves lives. Our modern, strategically positioned marine terminals and logistics parks have the speed, reliability and reach to ensure your cargo gets to where it needs to be – but what sets us apart is our team of experts with our unceasing commitment to innovation. The world is changing at an unparalleled pace and we are growing to meet its needs. With more capacity coming online we are ready for the future. We trade smarter.
DP World Canada
As part of a global entity, we pride ourselves on enabling smarter trade to create a better future for all. We call ourselves a ‘trade enabler’, because we make sure the world keeps moving day and night so people have the things they need, when they need them. DP World makes all this happen with a range of businesses adding value at key stages in the global supply chain and helping move cargo to thousands of destinations around the world. Playing such a vital role in the global supply chain, we help economies grow and nations prosper.
Our corporate head office houses our Shared Services team and is ideally located in the Metrotown Office Complex which features convenient accessibility from Downtown Vancouver and all surrounding communities. The office complex directly connects to BC’s largest shopping center, provides access to the SkyTrain and is a quick stroll to Central Park.
What We Offer
Joining DP World Canada means joining a people-oriented company. You will be amongst great colleagues, enjoying a relaxed environment that values your contributions. We pride ourselves on our openness, approachability, excellence in safety and customer service and our commitment to growth and innovation. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, lifestyle spending account, pension with employer contributions, retirement savings plan, and support for professional development. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to run world-class operations so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
The Finance Manager, Logistics is responsible for the full cycle accounting of the logistics business unit(s), process improvements, and leading and managing a team.
In this role, you will:
Positively drive agreed initiatives, propose new initiatives and adopt a sense of continuous improvement.
What you bring to the role:
- A degree in Finance or Accounting, combined with your CPA (CA, CGA, CMA) designation is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience post-designation, preferably in industry.
- Knowledge of the marine, freight forwarding, or logistics industry is an asset.
- Experience with managing employees in a unionized environment, is a plus.
- Proven experience and knowledge of IFRS and financial statement preparation.
- Proven leadership skills to develop and motivate a team. Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships both with and among team members.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, including the ability to work with all departments and levels.
- Sound judgement and analytical thinking that enables decision making, ability to manage projects and prioritize and manage timelines.
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships and achieve buy in and ownership to quality standards/ initiatives.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel.
- Familiarity with Agresso, Great Plains, Oracle and/or Maximo would be an asset.
- Fluent in English.
- Previous Canadian work experience or experience working directly with Canadian industries.
No phone calls or agencies please. DP World Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, testing and pre-employment medical examination. To be eligible for hire, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must successfully obtain Transport Canada Security Clearance.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our know-how and join the DP World team.
Deadline to apply is July 11th, 2022.
Your application was submitted successfully.