Smarter trade. Better lives.
As a new world takes shape, DP World enables smarter trade and improves lives. Our modern, strategically positioned marine terminals and logistics parks have the speed, reliability and reach to ensure your cargo gets to where it needs to be – but what sets us apart is our team of experts with our unceasing commitment to innovation. The world is changing at an unparalleled pace and we are growing to meet its needs. With more capacity coming online we are ready for the future. We trade smarter.
DP World Prince Rupert
The fastest connection from Asia to North American markets. Located on Canada’s Northwest coast, DP World Prince Rupert is the closest major North American port to Asia. We offer direct on-dock access to CN’s Class 1 rail network. This strategic combination offers ocean carriers and cargo owners fast transit times between Asia and North American markets. Designed and purpose built as a high-volume intermodal gateway, cargo is rapidly moved between vessel and rail, further enhancing our total transit time advantage.
Prince Rupert is also North America’s deepest natural harbor. As such, we’re able to comfortably handle the world’s largest container vessels while offering an unparalleled mix of speed, reliability and reach.
With the 2017 completion of our Phase 2 North expansion project, Prince Rupert is now operating at a capacity of 1.35 million TEUs annually. In 2018 the Phase 2B expansion project was announced that will increase throughput capacity to 1.6 million TEUS annually by 2020 and 1.8 million TEUS by 2022. Our increasing capacity means we can further support the importers and exporters who favor Prince Rupert for its position as the most efficient and fastest route for trade between Asia and North America.
What We Offer
Joining DP World Prince Rupert means joining a people-oriented company. You will be amongst great colleagues, enjoying a relaxed environment that values your contributions. We pride ourselves on our openness, approachability, excellence in safety and customer service and our commitment to growth and innovation. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, lifestyle spending account, pension with employer contributions, retirement savings plan, and support for professional development. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to run world-class operations so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
The Supervisor, Assets & Inventory is an integral part of the Engineering & Maintenance Team. They are jointly responsible for the tasks required to ensure the effective capacity utilization, reliability and life cycle asset management.
In this role, you will:
- Define policies for the management of inventory, materials, rotables, repairables, free for issue and supplies.
- Determine inventory ordering parameters and coordinate materials receipt, issue, storage and shipment from the site to ensure materials availability to support maintenance activities.
- Provide direction, leadership and support to department to ensure inventory functions are carried out to a high standard including cycle/periodic inventory counts, disposal of obsolete items, new assets set-up and detailed reporting.
- Manage the site’s waste management program.
- Prepare and analyse Engineering & Maintenance budgets and quarterly reforecasts, including monthly cost, variance and analysis reports.
- Ensure all assets are registered, inspected and/or certified and administer the record management thereof, including warranty information and processing warranty claims.
- Oversee the development and delivery of programs that deliver ongoing system and process training ensuring standardized asset management processes across the department.
What you bring to the role:
- Proficiency with MS Office and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, such as Maximo.
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and Power BI.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated abilities working with various trades, such as electricians and/or mechanics, within a unionized and heavy industrial environment.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills, coupled with exceptional time management, organization, and planning skills.
- Self-reliance with strong written and verbal communication capable of taking initiative and making decisions under time constraints.
- A flexible team player who is able to work as required and willing to adapt to change.
- Knowledge of the Container Shipping Industry and equipment is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in Maintenance and Inventory Management or a related field, augmented by previous supervisory experience gained in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated experience developing cost tracking tools and reports and understanding of modern maintenance and inventory management best practices.
- Fluent in English.
- Previous Canadian work experience or experience working directly with Canadian industries.
No phone calls or agencies please. DP World Prince Rupert is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, testing and pre-employment medical examination. To be eligible for hire, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must successfully obtain a Marine Transport Security Clearance.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our know-how.
Deadline to apply is May 30th, 3pm PST.
Your application was submitted successfully.