Smarter trade. Better lives. As a new world takes shape, DP World enables smarter trade and improves lives. Our modern, strategically positioned marine terminals and logistics parks have the speed, reliability and reach to ensure your cargo gets to where it needs to be – but what sets us apart is our team of experts with our unceasing commitment to innovation. The world is changing at an unparalleled pace and we are growing to meet its needs. With more capacity coming online we are ready for the future. We trade smarter.
- 70,000 Vessels served each year
- 174,000 Containers moved every day
- 78 Businesses located in 40 countries
- 45,000 People from 130 countries
DP World Canada
As part of a global entity, we pride ourselves on enabling smarter trade to create a better future for all. We call ourselves a ‘trade enabler’, because we make sure the world keeps moving day and night so people have the things they need, when they need them. DP World makes all this happen with a range of businesses adding value at key stages in the global supply chain and helping move cargo to thousands of destinations around the world. Playing such a vital role in the global supply chain, we help economies grow and nations prosper.
What We Offer
Joining DP World Canada means joining a people-oriented company. You will be amongst great colleagues, enjoying a relaxed environment that values your contributions. We pride ourselves on our openness, approachability, excellence in safety and customer service and our commitment to growth and innovation. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, lifestyle spending account, pension with employer contributions, retirement savings plan, and support for professional development. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to run world-class operations so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
The Project Manager - Ports & Terminals is responsible for leading the full life cycle for large scale terminal infrastructure projects. This includes leading the planning, permitting, consultation, procurement, engineering design, construction, and commissioning of terminal infrastructure projects.
In this role, you will:
- Provide leadership and represent DP World Canada through the full life cycle of large-scale terminal infrastructure projects
- Lead the planning, permitting, consultation, procurement, engineering design, construction, and commissioning of complex terminal infrastructure projects
- Develop the project scope, schedule, and budget, with appropriate cost escalation and risk cost estimates, reliable for the duration of the project schedule
- Organize and lead workshops with Terminal Operations, Technology, Safety and Security groups to gain alignment on project performance and technical requirements to meet current and future business needs
- Maintain ownership for all submissions, reports, and presentations to facilitate the approval and delivery of projects
- Manage RFQ and RFP documentation and take a leadership role in the selection, and coordination of consultants and contractors
- Take responsibility for project delivery schedules and resource planning
- Organize site investigations, topographic surveys and other pre-construction contracts with contractors and terminal operations
- Manage the procurement and completion of site investigations, topographic surveys and other environmental, permitting, consultation, or pre-construction contracts
- Represent the business and maintain collaborative relationships with port authorities, First Nations, consultants, contractors, and stakeholders
- Provide leadership to instill DP World’s Our Principles across projects
- Provide leadership and ensure all project work is completed in accordance with DP World’s Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policies
- Manage the internal project reporting requirements and provide project updates to DP World’s Leadership Team
What you bring to the role:
- A university degree related to civil engineering, environmental science, construction management or related discipline along with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the delivery of major infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated major project experience related to the planning, permitting, procurement, engineering design, construction supervision, commissioning, and contract administration of infrastructure project with construction values >$100 million.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) in British Columbia
- Proven leadership skills to develop and motivate a team. Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships both with and among team members
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, including the ability to work with all departments and levels and represent the business externally
- Sound judgement and analytical thinking that enables effective decision making
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and competing stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships and achieve buy in and ownership to quality standards/initiatives
- Broad understanding of engineering principles and applicable regulations, best practices, and safety standards
- Ability to maintain a long-term strategy and vision from project inception to delivery
- Previous Canadian work experience or experience working directly with Canadian industries.
- Fluent in English.
No phone calls or agencies please. DP World Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, testing and pre-employment medical examination. To be eligible for hire, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must successfully obtain Transport Canada Security Clearance.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our know-how and join the DP World team.
Deadline to apply is July 4th, 2022.