Smarter trade. Better lives. As a new world takes shape, DP World enables smarter trade and improves lives. Our modern, strategically positioned marine terminals and logistics parks have the speed, reliability and reach to ensure your cargo gets to where it needs to be – but what sets us apart is our team of experts with our unceasing commitment to innovation. The world is changing at an unparalleled pace and we are growing to meet its needs. With more capacity coming online we are ready for the future. We trade smarter.
DP World Canada
Secure, efficient access to Canadian markets. We are Western Canada’s premier container terminal operator and stevedore. Ideally positioned for global trade, we act as a key gateway for trans-Pacific trade between Asia and Canadian markets, as well as beyond to the US. Our central location is a multi-transport hub which offers excellent intermodal connections via two rail networks, CN Rail and CP Rail, as well as direct road links.
With a global reputation built on nearly a century of experience, DP World Canada also provides stevedoring services at ports and terminals throughout British Columbia. Our world-renowned professionals provide safe, innovative, and unsurpassed cargo handling trusted by top manufacturers around the world. We handle a wide range of cargoes such as breakbulk, yachts, roll-on roll-off and forest products. We are your global leader in container handling services.
What We Offer
Joining DP World Canada means joining a people-oriented company. You will be amongst great colleagues, enjoying a relaxed environment that values your contributions. We pride ourselves on our openness, approachability, excellence in safety and customer service and our commitment to growth and innovation. We realize it takes world-class people to run world-class operations, so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
This is a 6 month contract position. The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for researching suppliers, negotiating pricing and purchasing goods or services. They will also manage relationships with vendors and monitor orders to maintain quality, expedite orders and ensure compliance to procurement policies and contract terms
In this role, you will:
- Process or complete purchasing documentation, including requisitions, purchase orders, data filing and classifying purchase requirements to the Chart of Accounts.
- Purchase materials and services, clarifying requirements with employees and user departments.
- Research, source and negotiate quality, pricing and delivery of products, including using historical and other benchmarking data, to ensure competitive pricing.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with vendors to sustain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to contracts.
- Oversee the Maximo RFQ process for defined commodity spend in multiple areas, Fraser Surrey, Prince Rupert, Vancouver and Nanaimo.
- Working with the Supervisor, Assets and Inventory, oversee the receiving activities to ensure timeliness, accuracy and compliance with policy, including follow up and coordination of delivery of goods and services.
- Monitor vendor compliance with Contractor Management Software.
- Provide procurement support to stakeholder departments.
- Provide administrative assistance as required by the Contract Analyst and the Manager, Contracts.
- Work with AP as required to ensure a seamless procure to pay process
What you bring to the role:
- A post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field.
- Purchasing or supply chain management certification is an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in procurement with buyer responsibilities, preferably in an industrial setting.
- Previous experience working with contracts and supply agreements.
- Sound technical aptitude, combined with excellent research skills, to ensure best product sourcing and solid assessment skills.
- Exceptional relationship management skills in order to work with vendors to negotiate, communicate needs and/ or issues, and hold parties accountable to agreed upon standards.
- Self-reliance, with the ability to take initiative and make decisions proactively under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders and unionized tradespersons.
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills, with attention to detail so that workflow is managed efficiently and accurately.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, material management system such as a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and enterprise system (Oracle Fusion).
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another or a different nature.
- Perform with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Make appropriate job decisions, following standard office policies and past precedents.
- Adapt to frequent changes in workload; adjust priorities quickly as circumstance dictates.
- Previous Canadian work experience or experience working directly with Canadian industries.
- Fluent in English.
- Transport to get to/from the terminal as the Fraser Surrey Terminal is not easily accessible via public transport.
No phone calls or agencies please. DP World Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, testing and pre-employment medical examination. To be eligible for hire, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must successfully obtain Transport Canada Security Clearance.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our know-how and join the DP World team.
Deadline to apply is July 6, 2022.
Your application was submitted successfully.