Smarter trade. Better lives. As a new world takes shape, DP World enables smarter trade and improves lives. Our modern, strategically positioned marine terminals and logistics parks have the speed, reliability and reach to ensure your cargo gets to where it needs to be – but what sets us apart is our team of experts with our unceasing commitment to innovation. The world is changing at an unparalleled pace and we are growing to meet its needs. With more capacity coming online we are ready for the future. We trade smarter.
DP World Canada
As part of a global entity, we pride ourselves on enabling smarter trade to create a better future for all. We call ourselves a ‘trade enabler’, because we make sure the world keeps moving day and night so people have the things they need, when they need them. DP World makes all this happen with a range of businesses adding value at key stages in the global supply chain and helping move cargo to thousands of destinations around the world. Playing such a vital role in the global supply chain, we help economies grow and nations prosper.
What We Offer
Joining DP World Canada means joining a people-oriented company. You will be amongst great colleagues, enjoying a relaxed environment that values your contributions. We pride ourselves on our openness, approachability, excellence in safety and customer service and our commitment to growth and innovation. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, lifestyle spending account, pension with employer contributions, retirement savings plan, and support for professional development. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to run world-class operations so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
The Site Supervisor, Technology, Saint John is responsible for overseeing the team’s implementation, support, maintenance and reporting of all IT assets within the Field Technology Portfolio, in line with the department’s objective of delivering IT services in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
In this role, you will:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Field Tech team and vendors ensuring that services within the Technology Portfolio are available as agreed. Provide instruction, assistance, and guidance to other team members as needed or when requested.
- Manage ‘daily shift schedule’, ensuring that resources required to cover on-call rotation, vacation and general absenteeism are handled appropriately.
- Maintain an inventory record of hardware, software, licences and warranties (including disposal records) for all assets within the Technology Portfolio; including adequate spare parts inventory.
- Apply tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes within the Technology Portfolio.
- Carry out agreed operational procedures, to collect and report on performance statistics relating to items within the Technology Portfolio; identifying operational problems and contributing to their resolution.
- Perform required incidental and preventative maintenance on IT assets within the Technology portfolio; updates necessary logs and completes reports.
- Ensure that incidents are handled according to agreed procedures. Escalating incidents to service owners where necessary keeping business owners updated of progress. Ensures that resolved incidents are properly documented and closed.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to network, server, storage or any other infrastructure component managed by ‘Shared Services’ under their direction or delegation.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to gain efficiencies through automation. Lobbies for approval where appropriate (ROI), implementing solutions as approved.
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum 2 years post-secondary relevant technical training.
- 3 years of equivalent experience within a technically challenging and diverse environment; ideally in an industrial setting.
- Holder of VCTA Certification, MCSE and Class C-R (Low Energy and Asset) is an asset.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure including vehicle mounted data terminals, wireless networks, position detection, OCR and monitoring/alerting systems.
- Practical knowledge of automated system and network monitoring tools.
- Project management experience with working knowledge of both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- ITIL experience and/or certification are considered desirable assets.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to complete activities within time constraints.
- Strong team orientation and ability to contribute to realization of team goals and customer satisfaction.
- Understanding of incident, change, and problem management processes.
- Must be willing to work day, evening or night hours, emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required.
- Fluent in English.
- Previous Canadian work experience or experience working directly with Canadian industries.
No phone calls or agencies please. DP World Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, testing and pre-employment medical examination. To be eligible for hire, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must successfully obtain Transport Canada Security Clearance.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our know-how and join the DP World team.
Deadline to apply is August 16th, 2022.
Your application was submitted successfully.