DP World Canada and the International Longshore & Warehouse Union Local 514 are hiring Mechanical Foremen for the Engineering & Maintenance Department at our Vancouver terminal. For the terms and conditions related to this position, refer to the Collective Agreement between the Companies collectively known as the British Columbia Employers Association and the International Longshore and Warehouse Union Ship and Dock Foremen Local 514 (dated April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2023).
The successful candidate shall:
- Hold a valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Trade Qualification certificate in the Heavy Duty Mechanic trade with 5 years of marine terminal mechanical maintenance, including 3 years at a modern container terminal, or
- Have considerable knowledge and experience in maintaining container gantry cranes, RTGs, container handlers, terminal tractors and other container and stevedoring equipment.
- Extensive experience with structural maintenance and structural maintenance repairs.
- Thorough knowledge of diesel engines, industrial hydraulics, gearboxes and power transmissions.
- Have superior problem solving, troubleshooting and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrate a progressive attitude and skills in incorporating safety as a significant role in maintenance practices.
- Demonstrate skills in prioritizing, planning and supervising maintenance work, as well as ability to manage maintenance personnel including conflict management, performance management and discipline.
- The candidate shall have excellent language skills, both written and verbal.
- The successful candidate shall be required to perform normal administrative duties, as well as participate in other duties and projects with the Engineering and Maintenance department, as assigned.
- The candidate will be required to cover any shift on any day as per shift schedule to support the 24/7 operation.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
Preference will be given to those with previous supervisory experience with heavy industrial, unionized operations as well as a high school diploma or equivalent training Candidates will undergo aptitude testing, interviews, a pre-employment medical and a security check as part of the selection process. DP World Canada Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We request that all applicants submit a resume.